Friday, October 20, 2006

I have been reading

I have been so busy with school related things, trying to find a place to live at and other stressful things! Well let's see...what to write about??? Oh I know! Recently, I have been reading a book about the intriguing relationship that Morrissey and Marr had back in the days of The Smiths. The gist of the book is the rise and fall of The Smiths, the lives of Steven Morrissey and Johnny Marr and the differences that tore them apart. I don't really want to mention the name of the book because it has created much controversy and I don't want to bother with all that. At the moment, I am half way through the book. From what I have read, the book is full of irrelevent information and filler. I believe the author does not give justice to the lyrics that Morrissey wrote nor the songs that The Smiths worked hard to create. I sense some jealousy and possibly resentment from the author, partly because his commentary on Morrissey's lyricism tends to be either glancing or completely superficial. The mealy-mouthed preface that accompanies the revised edition of the book is a case in point, and is perhaps better ignored altogether... But before I say more than I should, I will finish the book (although it has its good parts, the ever so addicting book tends to be a chore to read.) and review it then.

1 Comments:

Blogger theecarlos said...

No more reading, u need to whatch movie's with me!! Hey I got your new template with a banner... hope you like it. Nice posts so far, keep it up!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home